1science improves scientific and technological research. With 1findr, our cutting-edge specialized search engine, we help students, researchers, librarians and analysts quickly find relevant scientific papers regardless of their place of publication, language or field. 1science also helps university libraries to optimize their journal subscriptions and institutions to quickly disseminate their scientific production.
We’re looking for talented people to join us. If you’re passionate, driven by excellence and a team player, we’d love for you to be part of our team!
The senior software developer will be working on our search engine for peer-reviewed science. On the front-end, it’s a single-page React/Redux application. On the back end, it’s Python services in front of Elasticsearch.
Where the developer will contribute the most will depend on their interests and the changing direction of our product. The developers code will be reviewed and they will review others’. The candidate will seek to understand user needs and help look at usage data to chart our direction. We’re a small group, so they’ll collaborate closely with the other senior developer on the product team, as well as our teams in data acquisition & data processing.
- Help design interactions and plan new features within our ecosystem
- Collaborate with developers and team in data acquisition to improve our product
- A Computer Science or similar degree, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of software-development experience
- Strong communication skills, and the capacity to be productive in a self-driven environment
- Some knowledge of both French and English (you can work primarily in your stronger language, but you’ll have meetings where you need to understand both languages)
- Links to (or screenshots/descriptions of) things you’ve built on the Web
- Experience using React, Python, Elasticsearch
- Experience designing, implementing and iteratively improving search services
- An interest in user experience and interaction design
- Interest in scientific and academic research
- Experience working for a start-up or small company
If you are passionate about software development and want to join a dynamic company, please send your resume to email@example.com.
This post is also available in: French