1science improves scientific and technological research. With 1findr, our cutting-edge specialized search engine, we help students, researchers, librarians and analysts quickly find relevant scientific papers regardless of their place of publication, language or field. 1science also helps university libraries to optimize their journal subscriptions and institutions to quickly disseminate their scientific production.
We’re looking for talented people to join us. If you’re passionate, driven by excellence and a team player, we’d love for you to be part of our team!
1science is seeking a junior python developer with experience in Python programming, familiarity with web harvesting and data analysis, and excellent organizational skills. Reporting to the chief data scientist, she or he will develop metadata harvesters, assign tasks to external developers, and analyze results.
- Develop and implement new metadata harvesting tools
- Analyze websites and assign tasks to external developers
- Configure and troubleshoot web harvesters
- Analyze harvesting results
- Validate and approve code developed by others
- Completed university degree in software development (or other technical degree with experience)
- Six-month work experience in software development or analytical field
- Proficiency in Python programming and with SQL
- Familiarity with web crawling
- Experience in data processing of JSON and XML formats
- Experience with distributed version control systems, in particular Git on GitHub
- Knowledge of web data acquisition and extraction methods
- Knowledge of Scrapy and Twisted libraries
- Experience in web crawler development
- Knowledge of cloud computing – Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of scholarly publishing ecosystem and open access
If you are passionate about software development and want to join a dynamic company, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post is also available in: French