1science improves scientific and technological research. With 1findr, our cutting-edge specialized search engine, we help students, researchers, librarians and analysts quickly find relevant scientific papers regardless of their place of publication, language or field. 1science also helps university libraries to optimize their journal subscriptions and institutions to quickly disseminate their scientific production.
We’re looking for talented people to join us. If you’re passionate, driven by excellence and a team player, we’d love for you to be part of our team!
You will be taking part in developing our spark data processing pipeline that works in batch. This data processing system (Redshift, Aurora, Scala Spark on EMR) is closely integrated and complementary to our real time processing system.
One major task will involve working on our data deduplication algorithm that processes billions of records, to optimize and find new methods to improve data quality. This work will be done in close relationship to our data science team. Integration with real time processes will also be part of your assignment.
- BA in software development or similar degree
- 5 years experience in software development
- Experience using Spark
- Experience using functional programming (Scala or other)
- Proficiency in French and English communication
- Communication and drafting of documentation
- Autonomous and resourceful
- Experience with Amazon Workspace
- Knowledge of Python
- Interest in scientific and academic research
- Experience working for a start-up or small company
If you’re passionate about software development and want to join a dynamic company, please send your resume to email@example.com.
This post is also available in: French